Goofs from Wonder
Showing all 10 items
- In scenes that take place in the month of February, there are green leaves on the trees. The film takes place in New York.
- The Wizard of Oz is being shown in the wrong aspect ratio; it is shown filling the entirety of a widescreen. This would not be possible without cropping the image or stretching/distorting it.
- In preparation for his graduation, Owen Wilson's character knots Auggie's tie with a simple knot, but when we see him later at the ceremony, the tie knot is the more elaborate Windsor Knot.
- In the New Year's scene after the countdown, when you see Isabel with her laptop the time shown on it is 10:00 pm. It should be 12:00 am.
- When Auggie gets off the bus after the trip to the nature preserve and is with his Mom; a blonde Mom in the background to the left is seen walking behind them from the same spot twice.
- In science class, Ms. Petosa supposedly demonstrates the refraction of light through water by showing the word "now" behind a clear cylinder of water, and it becomes "won." However, this scene must have been doctored, because in reality the "n" would be backwards when it's refracted.
- When Auggie's dad drags the Christmas tree out of the house the tree is in the first two shots held by the bottom, in the third shot when the tree is almost through the door the tree is held by the top.
- After the first scene of Auggie in Mr. Browne's 5th grade class (at 0:18:54), the film cuts to a blackboard in the Pullman home showing an algebraic problem of two equations in two unknowns: 3X + 2Y = -4 and 2X + 3Y = 4. The solution to this problem is X = -4 and Y = 4. The solution shown on the blackboard, X = 3 and Y = 3, appears to the the solution of the two equations 3X - Y = 6 and 2X + Y = 9.
- After the fight between the five Beecher Prep boys and the two seventh grade bullies at the Pennsylvania retreat (at 1:36:35), as Henry says "They were huge!", he throws both arms up, lifting his sweatshirt to reveal the black cord to his microphone.
- When Isabel is typing on her laptop computer during the Christmas/New Year's Eve montage, the date on the computer screen reads as April 3rd.