Trivia for Tom Clancy's Without Remorse
Showing all 6 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- John Kelly/Clark has been played in other Tom Clancy movies by Willem Dafoe and Liev Schreiber. This is the story of how he came to be associated with the CIA
- Nicolas Cage was being considered for the drug lord role
- Nicolas Cage was being considered for a role
- Tom Clancy sold the rights to his novel 'Without Remorse' to Savoy Pictures in 1993 for a reported $2.5 million soon after the novel was published.
- The film adaptation of Tom Clancy's 1993 novel 'Without Remorse' had been in development since the 1990s. In 1994, Keanu Reeves was offered $7 million for the role of John Clark but turned it down. In 1995, pre-production was well under way when Savoy Pictures shut down the project, which was set to star Laurence Fishburne and Gary Sinise. In 2012, Christopher McQuarrie signed on with Paramount Pictures to direct the film, with Tom Hardy in talks to play John Clark and Kevin Costner in talks to play his mentor, William Harper. In September 2018, it was announced that Michael B. Jordan would be playing John Clark in a two-part film series, which will be composed of 'Without Remorse' and 'Rainbow Six'. Director Stefano Sollima was announced in December 2018 and filming began in Berlin in October 2019.
- John Kelly is John Clark from the Jack Ryan universe. The first film from that universe not featuring Jack Ryan, although Jack does appear in the the book briefly