Trivia for Ninja Scroll
Showing all 9 items
- Not as successful or well-received in Japan as it was in the U.S.
- The concept of Ninja Scroll arose from the director's fascination with ninjas and the idea of them always trying to trick each other.
- Emi Shinohara and Wendee Lee voice the Japanese and English versions of each other's character for this film and Yoshiaki Kawajiri's other film, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (2000).
- Kagero wears the exact same purple headdress costume that Meiko Kaji wore in the film Lady Snowblood (1973).
- Director James McTeigue cited this film as one the influences behind his film Ninja Assassin (2009).
- The film is a tribute to the works of Japanese author Fûtarô Yamada, who throughout the sixties wrote many historical novels about ninjas.
- Once aired on Cartoon Network with a TV-14 rating.
- The BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) cut 52 seconds of the film with very high violence and rape. Now Manga Entertainment re-released the film on Blu-Ray uncut passed 18.
- One of Yoshiaki Kawajiri proudest works, along with Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (2000) and Wicked City (1987).