Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
- 2hr 8m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
Real friends will enjoy the small things that pop up from previous movies.
After a quarter-century the franchise may be terminally long in the teeth; much of this fifth iteration is absurd, both intentionally and un. Yet it’s also funny, intriguingly dark and visually sumptuous.
Fallen Kingdom understands that, as much as Jurassic Park has the shape of an action movie, its roots are in horror, and Bayona takes evident glee in drawing out his scares.
Bayona not only nods to the histories of classic monster movies and the legacy of original Jurassic helmer Steven Spielberg; he brings his own experience to bear, treating monsters like actual characters and trapping us in a vast mansion that's as full of secrets as the site of his breakthrough 2007 film The Orphanage.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom returns to Isla Nublar four years after the events of the last film (2015's Jurassic World). Humans have abandoned the island, and the very dinosaurs that destroyed the park now roam free. But when a volcano threatens to drive the impossible inhabitants into extinction once again, Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) mount a rescue expedition to save the remaining dinosaurs from the pouring lava. Oh, and there also may be a massive conspiracy to uncover along the way – one that could change the nature of life on the planet forever.
Dinosaurs, lava, conspiracies – what more could you ask from a summer blockbuster? If you answered, “The return of Jeff Goldblum as Ian Malcolm” then you’re in luck! The film, directed by J.A. Bayona, also stars BD Wong, James Cromwell, Ted Levine, Justice Smith, Toby Jones and Rafe Spall.
- Chris Pratt
- Bryce Dallas Howard
- Rafe Spall
- Ted Levine
- Jeff Goldblum
- Daniella Pineda
- James Cromwell
- Toby Jones
- Geraldine Chaplin
Did You Know?
- This is the fifth film in the Jurassic Park (1993) franchise and the second film in the Jurassic World (2015) trilogy.
- The plane that takes Owen, Claire and the others to Isla Nublar appears to be a Cessna Caravan. This is a turbo-prop but the sound of the engine starting is that of an internal combustion engine.
- [talking to Claire in a restaurant]
- Owen Grady: So, uh, what, you dating an accountant now or... ?
- Owen Grady: Owen.
- Owen Grady: Ventriloquist?
- Claire Dearing: Stop it.
- Owen Grady: You love a dummy.
- Claire Dearing: This is not why we're here!
- Owen Grady: I know why we're here. A rescue op, save the dinosaurs from an island that's about to explode. What could go wrong?
- Claire Dearing: Blue is alive. You raised her.