I Can Only Imagine
- 1hr 50m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
Thanks for sharing the purpose in your pain. Bravo.
Like so many faith-based efforts, I Can Only Imagine suffers from a terminal case of self-importance.
The movie has too much on its plate in selling its paint-by-numbers uplift.
It’s a drab, emotionally flat film.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
I Can Only Imagine tells the touching true story behind the best-selling Christian song of all time. Before he was writing hit singles as the front man for the award-winning Christian band MercyMe, Bart Millard (J. Michael Finley) was a young man with a turbulent relationship with his abusive father (Dennis Quaid). Years of pain and secrets drove them apart, until his father’s cancer diagnosis inspires change in both their lives. Can they finally reconcile and forge the kind of bond that had always eluded them? “I Can Only Imagine” brought hope to millions of listeners, but it was inspired by a very personal tale of forgiveness and faith.
- J. Michael Finley
- Brody Rose
- Dennis Quaid
- Madeline Carroll
- Cloris Leachman
- Trace Adkins
- Tanya Clarke
- Rhoda Griffis
- J.R. Cacia
- Gianna Simone
Did You Know?
- Dusty Johnson was an extra in this movie. This was his first extra role.
- When young Bart is handed the U2 album The Joshua Tree, the movie says that this was during 1985 when The Joshua Tree was released in 1987.
- Brickell: Let me ask you something Bart, what are you running from?
- Bart: My dad. He, uh, he...
- Brickell: ...he beat you, didn't he? Ya ain't got no poker face kid.
- Bart: I carry that. I have to live with that, you know. I always will.
- Brickell: Then write about it. Stop running from it. Let that pain become your inspiration.