I Can Only Imagine
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
I Can Only Imagine tells the touching true story behind the best-selling Christian song of all time. Before he was writing hit singles as the front man for the award-winning Christian band MercyMe, Bart Millard (J. Michael Finley) was a young man with a turbulent relationship with his abusive father (Dennis Quaid). Years of pain and secrets drove them apart, until his father’s cancer diagnosis inspires change in both their lives. Can they finally reconcile and forge the kind of bond that had always eluded them? “I Can Only Imagine” brought hope to millions of listeners, but it was inspired by a very personal tale of forgiveness and faith.
- J. Michael Finley
- Madeline Carroll
- Dennis Quaid
- Trace Adkins
- Cloris Leachman
- Jason Burkey
- Mark Furze
- Randy McDowell
- Cole Marcus
- Alexander Dominguez
Did You Know?
- This is J. Michael Finley's first movie role.
- Young Bart is handed the U2 album The Joshua Tree (1987) in 1985.
- Brickell: Let me ask you something Bart, what are you running from?
- Bart: My dad. He, uh, he...
- Brickell: ...he beat you, didn't he? Ya ain't got no poker face kid.
- Bart: I carry that. I have to live with that, you know. I always will.
- Brickell: Then write about it. Stop running from it. Let that pain become your inspiration.
Atom User Reviews
Great movie. A nice break from the vulgar and provocative movies that have become the norm for Hollywood. It was wonderful to be able to see a movie with my family without worrying about sexual content or profanity or the usual objectifying of women.
Eyes just could not stop leaking. Loved every bit of this true story.
Like so many faith-based efforts, I Can Only Imagine suffers from a terminal case of self-importance.
The movie has too much on its plate in selling its paint-by-numbers uplift.
It’s a drab, emotionally flat film.