Goofs from Holmes and Watson
Showing all 9 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- They show the RMS Titanic in the film with Queen Victoria on board attending a party. She died in 1901 long before the Tianic was built.
- The film has several deliberate anachronisms, such as the music and "the selfie" with the Queen.
- Nearing the end of the movie, Queen Victoria is seen entering the Titanic, Even though the Titanic sailed 11 years (Apr. 15, 1912) after Queen Victoria Died (Jan. 22, 1901).
- The movie involves saving Queen Victoria who reined from 1836 to 1901 however at the end of the movie she was aboard the completed Titanic, which wasn't completed until 1911/1912 over 10 years after her death. It was in fact King George V at that time.
- When Millie is eating the onion, a close-up clearly shows that is an apple wrapped in an onion skin.
- The climax involves Queen Victoria aboard the Titanic. She died in 1901. The Titanic was ordered in 1908 and made its first voyage in 1912.
- The film is set during Queen Victoria's reign, but most of the ladies on the Titanic wear Edwardian ball gowns.
- At Moriarty's trial, the judge draws particular attention to his gavel. British judges have never used gavels.
- When Ms. Hudson ties up Watson, Kelly Macdonald's vocals do not match her facial movement, even though her mouth is not visible.