- 1hr 30m
- 1hr 30m
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s greatest detective is coming back to the big screen with his pal John in this period comedy from writer/director Etan Cohen (Get Hard). Will Farrell reteams with his Talladega Nights and Step Brothers costar John C. Reilly to solve mysteries as the iconic partners, Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson (respectively). The stacked cast includes Hugh Laurie as Mycroft, Ralph Fiennes as Moriarty, Kelly Macdonald as Mrs. Hudson, and Rob Brydon as Inspector Lestrade. Rebecca Hall, Lauren Lapkus, and Noah Jupe also star.
- Ralph Fiennes
- John C. Reilly
- Will Ferrell
- Kelly Macdonald
- Rebecca Hall
- Lauren Lapkus
- Noah Jupe
- Steve Coogan
- Hugh Laurie
- Pam Ferris
Did You Know?
- In 2008, Sacha Baron Cohen and Will Ferrell were once attached to star as Sherlock Holmes and Watson. The project re-entered development in 2016 with Ferrell as Holmes and John C. Reilly as Watson.
- They show the RMS Titanic in the film with Queen Victoria on board attending a party. She died in 1901 long before the Tianic was built.
- Dr. Grace Hart: Shall we begin the autopsy? Dr. Grace Hart.
- Watson: A woman doctor?
- Holmes: Impossible. Fortunately we have a *real* doctor here.
- Watson: Would you like some heroin?
Atom User Reviews
Really expected it to be hilarious with these two guys but, nope. Probably would have turned it off if I watched at home.
Left half way through. If it weren't for the buy one get one free ticket I would not have gone.
Considering Ferrell and Reilly’s immense talents, Holmes Watson is an even more unsettlingly unfunny experience.
Coroners of comic failure will find much to uncover in the corpse of Holmes Watson, a thoroughly tedious and never-amusing spoof of Arthur Conan Doyle’s legendary detective.
Making their previous vehicles Step Brothers and Talladega Nights seem the height of comic sophistication by comparison, Holmes Watson features the duo parodying Arthur Conan Doyle's famous characters to devastatingly unfunny effect.