Quotes from Hereditary
Showing all 7 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Joan: You didn't kill her, Annie.
- Annie: What?
- Joan: She isn't gone.
- Charlie: Who's gonna take care of me?
- Annie: Uh, excuse me? You don't think I'm gonna take care of you?
- Charlie: But when you die?
- Annie: I never wanted to be your mother.
- Peter: You tried to kill me.
- Annie: No, I love you!
- Peter: Why did you try to kill me?
- Annie: I didn't! I was trying to save you!
- Peter: Why?
- Annie: I was scared. I didn't feel like a mother. But she pressured me.
- Peter: Then why did you have me?
- Annie: It wasn't my fault! I tried to stop it.
- Peter: How?
- Annie: I tried to have a miscarriage.
- Peter: How?
- Annie: However I could. I did everything they told me not to do, but it didn't work. I'm happy it didn't work.
- Annie: It's heartening to see so many strange, new faces here today. I know my mom would be very touched, and probably a little suspicious.
- [deleted scene]
- Steve: You know, Annie, you can always build a shrine to all the terrible things in the world, but it doesn't mean that you have to destroy anything that is good.
- [first lines]
- Steve: Come on, Peter. Wake up.
- [last lines]
- Joan: Oh, hey, hey, hey. It's alright. Charlie, you're alright, now. You... are Paimon. One of the eight kings of Hell. We have looked to the northwest and called you in. We've collected your first female body and give you now this healthy male host. We reject the trinity and pray devoutly to you, Great Paimon. Give us your knowledge of all secret things, bring us honor, wealth, and good familiars. Bind all men to our will as we have bound ourselves for now and ever to yours. Hail, Paimon!
- Worshippers: Hail, Paimon! Hail, Paimon! Hail!