Trivia for Destination Wedding
Showing all 17 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- This is the fourth film featuring Winona Ryder and Keanu Reeves, after Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992), A Scanner Darkly (2006) and The Private Lives of Pippa Lee (2009). In Dracula and A Scanner Darkly they also played a couple, but they didn't have any scenes together in The Private Lives of Pippa Lee.
- The film wasn't announced until after it had already finished filming and entered post-production.
- It was filmed in ten days.
- Lindsay's address is 14 Catalina Drive, Newport Beach.
- The movie's alternate title is A Narcissist Can't Die Because Then the Entire World Would End.
- John Wayne Bobbitt was mentioned by Lindsay when she was teasing Frank about his wine-stained pants. Bobbitt made headlines in 1993 when his wife. Lorena, cut off his penis.
- The first movie Frank and Lindsay are watching on their separate TVs is "Scarlet Street" (1945) with Edward G. Robinson.
- Winona Ryder (Lindsay) and Keanu Reeves (Frank) hold the only on-screen speaking roles in the movie. Movies playing on the TV in their rooms and announcements made over PA systems are the only other voices heard.
- In real life, Winona Ryder and Keanu Reeves have been friends since the 1980s.
- While promoting this film, Winona Ryder claimed that her and Keanu Reeves might actually have been married to each other in real life when they filmed the marriage scene in Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992), because a real Romanian Orthodox priest was used. Francis Ford Coppola, who directed that film, agreed that this could be true.
- In one scene, Winona Ryder's character mentions to Keanu Reeves character, Frank, "Let's play Devil's Advocate". "Devil's Advocate was the title of Keanu Reeves 1997 movie of the same name.
- Shot almost entirely in master or 2 shots with no close up coverage.
- Winona Ryder and Keanu Reeves may "think" they were married in "Bram Stoker's Dracula", but it was consummated in "Destination Wedding", 26 years later.
- Although others have suggested that Keanu and Winona may have been married in a Sacramental sense because an actual Orthodox priest was used in the scene in Dracula (1992), this is not the case at all. The president (or "officiant") is merely an official witness, although to be "official" he must be an ordained member of the clergy. It is the couple that marry one another, not the officiant that "marries" them. Besides, as another entry mentions, their "marriage" was not consummated until Destination Wedding (2018), 26 years later, so if was truly a concern for them, they could have/should have had their faux marriage reviewed for annulment (for non-consummation, which automatically invalidates a "marriage") before shooting this picture.
- When discussing his parents at the rehearsal dinner, Franks alludes to his father's new girlfriend "being a senior while he was a freshman," which is near identical to a quote from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.
- The trumpet-led background music that dominates the trailer is "Corrido", a piece from Luis Bacalov's score for the Spaghetti Western Django (1966).
- Only Keanu Reaves and Winona Ryder have speaking lines throughout the entirety of the movie