Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Virginia Madsen
- Tony Todd
- Xander Berkeley
- Kasi Lemmons
- Vanessa Williams
- DeJuan Guy
- Marianna Elliott
- Ted Raimi
- Ria Pavia
- Mark Daniels
Did You Know?
- Virginia Madsen had to get up close and personal with those bees, a fact that almost forced her to pass on the role. "When Bernie was first asking me to do the role I said, 'Well, I can't. I'm allergic to bees,'" she told HorrorNewsNetwork. "He said 'No you're not allergic to bees, you're just afraid.' So I had to go to UCLA and get tested because he didn't believe [me]. I was tested for every kind of venom. I was far more allergic to wasps. So he said, 'We'll just [have] paramedics there, it will be fine!' You know actors, we'll do anything for a paycheck! So fine, I'll be covered with bees. "So we a had a bee wrangler and he pretty much told us you can't freak out around the bees, or be nervous, or swat at them, it would just aggravate them. They used baby bees on me. They can still sting you, but are less likely. When they put the bees on me it was crazy because they have fur. They felt like little Q-tips roaming around on me. Then you have pheromones on you, so they're all in love with you and think you're a giant queen. I really just had to go into this Zen sort of place and the takes were very short. What took the longest was getting the bees off of us. They had this tiny 'bee vacuum,' which wouldn't harm the bees. After the scene where the bees were all over my face and my head, it took both Tony and I 45 minutes just to get the bees off. That's when it became difficult to sit still. It was cool though, I felt like a total badass doing it."
- 64 minutes in, when Helen is having a medical injection, the needle bends on her shoulder.
- [Clara asks Billy if he's ever heard of Candyman]
- Clara: Have you ever heard of Candyman?
- Billy: No.
- Clara: Well, his right hand is sawn off, and he has a hook jammed in the bloody stump. And if you look in the mirror... and you say his name five times... he'll appear behind you, breathing down your neck. You want to try it?
Atom User Reviews
There's a new bogeyman in town, and he makes all other pretenders to the terror throne look like a bunch of cuddly Disney characters.
What I liked was a horror movie that was scaring me with ideas and gore, instead of simply with gore.
Rose’s dizzy, Jungle Fever-ish romanticism is juxtaposed against his cold, Cronenbergian dystopia to create Candyman‘s uniquely baroque use of modern urban blight, subtle political undercurrents, and hints of fallen woman melodrama. It creates a startlingly effective shocker that gains power upon further, sleepless-night reflection.