Trivia for BrightBurn
Showing all 16 items
Jump to: Spoilers (3)
- A horror take on the Superman origins/mythos.
- This is Elizabeth Banks and David Denham's first collaboration since Power Rangers (2017) as Rita and Sam Scott, respectively.
- The middle school scenes were shot at the now-defunct Patrick Henry High School in Stockbridge, Georgia. This is the same location used for both Hawkins Middle and Hawkins High Schools in seasons 1 and 2 of Stranger Things (2016).
- Due to the perhaps intentional similarity of Zack Snyder's 'Man of Steel' in the 2018 trailer, various YouTubers theorized that the movie was an adaptation of Superman's alternate self from the doppelganger universe known as Earth 2: Ultraman.
- Leah Goodkind's first feature film appearance.
- A supposed horror take on the Superman mythos, but more of an adaptation of The Ultraman, an evil Superman from Earth 3.
- The symbol that Brandon Beyer writes in his notebook and leaves at the scenes of his crimes is nearly identical to that of the Brand of Sacrifice from the Berserk manga.
- Heavily influenced by the comic "Supreme Power" a Marvel take on the justice league characters. In the comic, it also explores what would happen if Superman didn't have such high morals as a kid as well as an adult.
- Steve Agee, Michael Rooker, Stephen Blakehart and Terence Rosemore appeared as Ravagers in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017).
- Elizabeth Banks and David Denman both played roles in Power Rangers (2017).
- Clark's home town was Smallville just as Brandon's home town was Brightburn
- Elizabeth Banks and Michael Rooker previously appeared together in Slither (2006). But neither of them share a scene together in this film.
- Superman traditionally stands for "truth, justice and the American way". The essay Caitlyn is writing when she's visited by Brandon is "The Decline of Truth and Justice in the Modern World", identifying Brandon as a twisted, dark version of Superman born from the death of the values that the original one embodied.
- During this movie, cakes are shown
- Michael Rooker plays a YouTube conspiracy theorist in a short sequence during the end credits. He compares the footage of Brightburn to other mysterious figures that he believes the government is trying to cover up. The figures resemble a twisted version of DC Comics Justice League. Rooker's character mentions a sea creature over turning a boat, an allusion to Aquaman and a witch strangling people with ropes, a probable analog to Wonder Woman. Also shown in the graphic behind Rooker's character is an alien being, possibly a reference to the Martian Manhunter and an image of the Crimson Bolt, which was Rainn Wilson's character from James Gunn's earlier film 'Super' who had some similarities to Batman.
- Jackson A. Dunn the young actor who plays Brandon Breyer, also appears in another comic book based film in 2019. That film being, Avengers Endgame (2019). In which he played a younger version of Scott Lang/Ant-Man, when Scott gets time pushed through him causing him to change into different ages.