- 1hr 44m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
- 9650 Main St Fairfax, VATicketing is not available at this locationTicketing is not available at this location
Atom User Reviews
Touched on many things that women 60 and above really think about, with a humorous touch. Life isn’t over once you reach a certain age.
Really good movie, funny and really touching...makes you think and reconsider your choices and priorities.
A chance to see four terrific actresses — let’s not use the gender-neutral term in this context — having varying degrees of fun with matters of sisterhood, sex and hope in a movie that touches on mortality and holds out the prospect of later-life joy.
The movie is a testament to the star power of Diane Keaton, Jane Fonda, Candice Bergen and Mary Steenburgen, who, as the longtime friends at the center of a run-of-the-mill comedy, are the only reasons to see it.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Jane Fonda, Candice Bergen, Diane Keaton and Mary Steenburgen could probably read the phone book together and it’d be fun to watch. Still, it’s a good thing that Book Club gives them something a little spicier to read for our amusement. In the film, they play four friends who select 50 Shades of Grey for their monthly book club, to see what all the fuss is about – and their (love) lives will never be the same again. Andy Garcia, Don Johnson, Craig T. Nelson, Richard Dreyfuss, and Alicia Silverstone also star in the comedy about finding inspiration in unexpected places.
- Diane Keaton
- Jane Fonda
- Candice Bergen
- Mary Steenburgen
- Andy Garcia
- Craig T. Nelson
- Don Johnson
- Alicia Silverstone
- Richard Dreyfuss
- Ed Begley Jr.
Did You Know?
- Wallace Shawn and Craig T. Nelson appeared in The Incredibles (2004).
- When Diane is talking to her two daughters in Scottsdale while eating a slice of pizza, the amount of pizza on the plate keeps changing between shots although she is not eating it.
- Sharon: If women our age were meant to have sex God wouldn't do what he does to our bodies.
- Vivian: Speak for yourself.
- Sharon: Well, that was not God, that was Dr. Nazaria