Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
- 7235 Woodmont Avenue, Bethesda, MD
- 43751 Central Station Drive, Ashburn, VA
- 1600 Village Market Boulevard, Leesburg, VA
- 13025 Worldgate Drive, Herndon, VA
- 11940 Market Street, Reston, VA
- 629 Center Point Way, Gaithersburg, MD
- 6201 Multiplex Drive, Centreville, VA
- 7850e Tysons Corner Center, McLean, VA
- 7101 Democracy Boulevard, Bethesda, MD
- 5300 Wisconsin Ave. NW, Washington, DC
- 11160 North Viers Mill Road, Wheaton, MD
- 2150 Clarendon Blvd., Arlington, VA
- 2772 South Randolph St., Arlington, VA
- 206 Swamp Fox Rd., Alexandria, VA
- 4001 Powder Mill Rd., Beltsville, MD
- 2700 Potomac Mills Circle, Woodbridge, VA
- 20575 East Hampton Plaza, Ashburn, VA
- 45980 Regal Plaza, Sterling, VA
- 22875 Brambleton Plaza, Ashburn, VA
- 20000 Century Boulevard, Germantown, MD
- 11380 Bulloch Drive, Manassas, VA
- 199 East Montgomery Avenue, Rockville, MD
- 9650 Main St, Fairfax, VA
- 2911 District Ave, Fairfax, VA
- 11830 Grand Park Avenue, North Bethesda, MD
- 8001 Gateway Promenade Place, Gainesville, VA
- 5612 Connecticut Avenue, Washington, DC
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Tom Hanks
- Matthew Rhys
- Chris Cooper
- Susan Kelechi Watson
- Maryann Plunkett
- Enrico Colantoni
- Wendy Makkena
- Tammy Blanchard
- Noah Harpster
- Carmen Cusack
Did You Know?
- Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris were attached to direct the movie.
- As is usual for a biodrama, certain events are changed for dramatic purposes. The beginning of the film states this takes place in 1998, however, several of the Mister Rogers episodes depicted being recorded were actually filmed earlier. The episode where Rogers attempted to put up a tent was filmed in 1975, and his visit to the Uptown String Quartet was filmed and aired in 1997, and the Neighborhood of Make-Believe story involving the skunk was filmed and aired in 1987.
- [hosting "MisteRogers' Neighborhood"; from trailer]
- Fred Rogers: Hello, neighbor.
Atom User Reviews
definitely more for adults who have memories of watching it... I'm a 90's baby I've seen episodes when i was young so i was able to understand but anyone born after 2k wont see it as a value like the mid early 90's and earlier adults.
I needed that 🥺
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood is no biopic but a very narrowly cast reimagining of one specific relationship late in the life of a noted person.
It’s as cosy as Mr Rogers’ trademark zip-up cardigan, but the sweetness of this film about the beloved US children’s television personality is tempered by the inventive eccentricity of its approach.
There’s no question that Hanks is perfect in the part, as the actor’s amiability and unquestionable sincerity make for an ideal match with the unique television personality. Marielle Heller's film itself, however, is a rather more modest achievement, sympathetic and yet entirely predictable in its dramatic trajectory of making a believer of an angry, cynical journalist.