- 2hr 10m
- 2hr 10m
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Clint Eastwood
- Gene Hackman
- Morgan Freeman
- Richard Harris
- Jaimz Woolvett
- Saul Rubinek
- Frances Fisher
- Anna Levine
- David Mucci
- Rob Campbell
Did You Know?
- None of the participants, least of all Clint Eastwood and writer David Webb Peoples, actively set out to make an anti-violence film. It was a natural by-product of the script.
- When we first see the train the whistle is heard blowing while the locomotive is in the shot, but there is no steam blowing from the whistle, which happens on steam engines whenever the whistle is blown.
- Will Munny: I ain't like that no more. I ain't the same, Ned. Claudia, she straightened me up, cleared me of drinkin' whiskey and all. Just 'cause we're goin' on this killing, that don't mean I'm gonna go back to bein' the way I was. I just need the money, get a new start for them youngsters. Ned, you remember that drover I shot through the mouth and his teeth came out the back of his head? I think about him now and again. He didn't do anything to deserve to get shot, at least nothin' I could remember when I sobered up.
- Ned Logan: You were crazy, Will.
- Will Munny: Yeah, no one liked me. Mountain boys all thought I was gonna shoot 'em out of pure meanness.
- Ned Logan: Well, like I said, you ain't like that no more.
- Will Munny: That's right. I'm just a fella now. I ain't no different than anyone else no more.
Atom User Reviews
It's powerful entertainment. [22 Sept 1992, p.A16(E)]
Like a shooter whose skill allows him to take careful aim with a rifle rather than going for the easy splatter of a buckshot, director Eastwood's big picture is suredly calibrated: He points your eye to the tiniest specs, the most telling and powerful parts of this moral panorama.
The film reflects a passing era even in its visual style.