- 1hr 50m
- 1hr 50m
- Movie Details
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Tom Cruise
- Kelly McGillis
- Val Kilmer
- Anthony Edwards
- Tom Skerritt
- Michael Ironside
- John Stockwell
- Barry Tubb
- Rick Rossovich
- Tim Robbins
Did You Know?
- In early drafts of the film, the character (Tim Robbins) whose call sign is Merlin actually had the last name of Merlin, and his call sign was Wizard.
- Position of the wine bottle at Charlie's place.
- Iceman: You two really are cowboys.
- Maverick: What's your problem, Kazansky?
- Iceman: You're everyone's problem. That's because every time you go up in the air, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.
- Maverick: That's right! Ice... man. I am dangerous.
Atom User Reviews
No doubt about it: Top Gun is going to be the hit that The Right Stuff should have been. They are not in the same class of films, but this much must be said: The aerial sequences in Top Gun are as thrilling -- while remaining coherent -- as any ever put on film.
This is a movie that comes in two parts: It knows exactly what to do with special effects, but doesn't have a clue as to how two people in love might act and talk and think.
Like An Officer and a Gentleman, Top Gun travels a cramped emotional range. The characters don't really change, but have plot devices imposed on them. Unlike its template, however, Top Gun does have a payoff: Maverick and his pals do a lot of flying, and many of the aerial scenes are impressive. [16 May 1986, p.6]
Target Exclusive Showing
Unlock this showtime with the special password.
Don't Have The Password?