To Live and Die in L.A.
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- William Petersen
- Willem Dafoe
- John Pankow
- Debra Feuer
- John Turturro
- Darlanne Fluegel
- Dean Stockwell
- Steve James
- Robert Downey Sr.
- Michael Greene
Did You Know?
- One Hollywood legend holds that Michael Mann sued William Friedkin for plagiarism over 'To Live and Die in L.A.' He accused Friedkin of stealing the entire concept of Miami Vice (1984) and lost the lawsuit. However, William Friedkin himself has said, "Michael Mann and I have been good friends for 30 years.... nothing like this ever happened."
- According to the title cards, the film begins in mid December and ends in late January. However, there is no mention whatsoever of Christmas or New Year's Day, and none of the sets has decorations of any kind for either holiday.
- Credit Card Counterfeiter: Why are you chasing me?
- John Vukovich: Why you running?
- Credit Card Counterfeiter: 'Cause you're chasing me, man!
Atom User Reviews
In the hierarchy of great movie chase sequences, the recent landmarks include the chases under the Brooklyn elevated tracks in The French Connection down the hills of San Francisco in Bullitt and through the Paris Metro in Diva. Those chases were not only thrilling in their own right, but they also reflected the essence of the cities where they took place. Now comes William Friedkin, director of The French Connection, with a new movie that contains another chase that belongs on that short list.
To Live and Die in L.A. is as urgent and exhilaratingly paced as anything William Friedkin's done.