Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Set your location to find movies & theaters nearby
Hmm... we couldn't find any showtimes for this date and location.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Mary Haines (Norma Shearer) can't believe her husband's having an affair with salesgirl Crystal (Joan Crawford). But when Sylvia (Rosalind Russell) and Edith (Phyllis Povah) deliver the gossip firsthand, Mary heads to Reno for a divorce. En route she meets Countess de Lave (Mary Boland) and Miriam (Paulette Goddard), who coincidentally is having an affair with Sylvia's husband. Once in Reno, the Countess finds another beau, Sylvia shows up for a divorce and Mary plots to win back her man.
- Norma Shearer
- Joan Crawford
- Rosalind Russell
- Mary Boland
- Paulette Goddard
- Joan Fontaine
- Lucile Watson
- Phyllis Povah
- Virginia Weidler
- Marjorie Main
Did You Know?
- Though many people view Joan Crawford as the "bad girl" of the movie, Clare Boothe Luce, who wrote (as Clare Boothe) the play that the film was based on, sympathized most with Crystal Allen, Crawford's character.
- At the end of the fashion show, the hands of the model in the red gown and fur stole noticeably change position between the long shot and the close-up.
- Sylvia Fowler: Well, heaven be praised, I'm on to my husband, I wouldn't trust him on Alcatraz, the mouse.
- Peggy Day: Sylvia, you oughtn't talk about him like that! Why, I think it's disloyal!
- Sylvia Fowler: Oh now, listen Peggy, do we know how the men talk about us when we're not around?
- Nancy Blake: I've heard rumours.
- Sylvia Fowler: Exactly... And uh... While we're on the subject, have either of you wondered whether the master of this maison might not be straying?
- Nancy Blake: I haven't.
- Sylvia Fowler: Well, for all you know Mary Haines may be living in a fool's paradise.
- Nancy Blake: You're so resourceful darling. I ought to go to you for plots.
- Sylvia Fowler: You ought to go to *someone*.
Atom User Reviews
Full Screen Image Viewer