The Wolf Man
- 1hr 10m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Hmm... we couldn't find any showtimes for this date and location.
Atom User Reviews
No one has posted a user review yet.
Still the definitive werewolf movie.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Director: George Waggner
Producer: George Waggner, Jack J. Gross
Writer: Curt Siodmak
Release Date: Dec 12, 1941
Runtime: 1hr 10m
A practical man returns to his homeland, is attacked by a creature of folklore, and infected with a horrific disease his disciplined mind tells him can not possibly exist.
- Lon Chaney Jr.
- Claude Rains
- Ralph Bellamy
- Warren William
- Patric Knowles
- Bela Lugosi
- Maria Ouspenskaya
- Evelyn Ankers
- Fay Helm
- J.M. Kerrigan
Did You Know?
- "Even a man who is pure at heart, and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright." This quote has been listed in some sources as an authentic Gypsy or Eastern European folk saying. Writer Curt Siodmak admits that he simply made it up. Nonetheless, the rhyme would be recited in every future Universal film appearance of the Wolf Man, and would also be quoted in Van Helsing (2004). (Albeit, slightly modified, "The moon is shining bright." rather than "The autumn moon is bright.")
- When Maleva, the Gypsy woman, asks to see Larry Talbot's wound from the wolf bite, he unbuttons and spreads his shirt front (with his bared chest outside the camera's view). Talbot then proceeds directly home where he begins to change clothes. He removes his shirt to reveal that he is wearing a tank-style undershirt underneath.
- Maleva: Whoever is bitten by a werewolf and lives becomes a werewolf himself.
- Larry Talbot: Ah, don't hand me that. You're just wasting your time.
- Maleva: The wolf bit you, didn't he?
- Larry Talbot: Yeah. Yeah he did!
Full Screen Image Viewer