Trivia for The Witches
Showing all 7 items
- Guillermo del Toro wanted the film to be a stop-motion picture.
- Jennifer Lopez was briefly set to play the Grand High Witch.
- Releasing 30 years after the previous adaption of Roald Dahl's novel, which starred Anjelica Huston as the Grand High Witch. Both Huston and Hathaway are Academy Award winners for Best Supporting Actress. By coincidence, they also have the same initials.
- The 2nd collaboration between Anne Hathaway and Stanley Tucci after appearing together for the first time in "The Devil Wears Prada" (2006).
- During filming, there was an incident on set. A stabbing occurred between a stagehand and a rigger, where one of the men sustained a neck injury.
- It is rumored that Guillermo del Toro collaborator Doug Jones will be playing a witch and maybe the Grand High Witch in her unmasked and true form.
- Claire Foy, Uma Thurman, Naomie Harris, Kate Winslet, Charlize Theron, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Kristin Kreuk, Salma Hayek, Marsha Thomason, Cate Blanchett, Bérénice Marlohe, Penélope Cruz, Halle Berry, Keira Knightley, Angelina Jolie, Natalie Portman, Kate Beckinsale, Charlotte Riley, Natalie Dormer, Christina Ricci, Vera Farmiga, Kirsten Dunst, Helena Bonham Carter, Jessica Biel, and Marion Cotillard were all considered possible candidates for the role of The Grand High Witch.