The Sisters Brothers
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- John C. Reilly
- Joaquin Phoenix
- Jake Gyllenhaal
- Riz Ahmed
- Rebecca Root
- Allison Tolman
- Rutger Hauer
- Carol Kane
- Patrice Cossonneau
- Zac Abbott
Did You Know?
- Based on the 2011 novel by Canadian author Patrick DeWitt.
- In the campfire scene where John Morris and Hermann Kermit Warm are eating, the camera pans between the two characters several times during their conversation, and in those brief moments, the spoon Hermann Kermit Warm is eating with switches 4 times from his left to right hand. At 23:20 he's eating with left hand. At 23:34 he's eating with right hand. At 23:54 he's eating with left hand. At 24:12 he's eating with right hand. At 24:24 he's eating with left hand.
- Charlie Sisters: Hey, this is the Sisters brothers! You don't stand a chance!
- Eli Sisters: Charlie?
- Charlie Sisters: Huh?
- Eli Sisters: We've had a good long run. We need to get out. We can open a store together.
- Charlie Sisters: A store? This is nonsense!
Atom User Reviews
I want my money back.
I thought it was pretty good for what it was. I was expecting it to be kind of goofy based on the trailers, but it had a lot more heart and seriousness. The casting was great - looking at the names I figured it would be strong, and I wasn't disappointed. Fun way to spend a late morning.
The second hour, though, strides toward its impressively unstinting resolution with magisterial confidence. With the characters finally stripped of the hardness they’d been forced to wear, their raw selves glisten in the sun until it’s time to wearily tie the carapace back on.
This first English-language outing by the ever-adventurous French director Jacques Audiard (A Prophet, Rust and Bone) is a connoisseur’s delight, as it's boisterously acted and detailed down to its last bit of shirt stitching.
This is a Western which is rugged and raw, eschewing the genre’s mythmaking for something a little more off the beaten path.