The Searchers (1956)
- 1hr 59m
An American Civil War veteran embarks on a journey to rescue his niece from the Comanches. More Details »
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Hmm... we couldn't find any showtimes for this date and location.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Director: John Ford
Producer: Merian C. Cooper, Patrick Ford
Writer: Frank S. Nugent, Alan Le May
Release Date: May 26, 1956
Runtime: 1hr 59m
An American Civil War veteran embarks on a journey to rescue his niece from the Comanches.
- John Wayne
- Jeffrey Hunter
- Vera Miles
- Ward Bond
- Natalie Wood
- John Qualen
- Olive Carey
- Henry Brandon
- Ken Curtis
- Harry Carey Jr.
Did You Know?
- The song playing as John Wayne approaches at the beginning of the film is a slow version of "The Bonnie Blue Flag" (original title: "The Irish Jaunting Car"). This song and Daniel Decatur Emmett's "Dixie" were the two "anthems" of the Confederacy.
- Marty's knife hilt seems to be a Ka-Bar knife, designed in WWII.
- Ethan: Our turnin' back don't mean nothin', not in the long run. She's alive, she's safe... for a while. They'll keep her to raise her as one of their own till, until she's of an age to...
- Martin: Don't you think there's a chance we still might find her?
- Ethan: Injun will chase a thing till he thinks he's chased it enough. Then he quits. Same way when he runs. Seems like he never learns there's such a thing as a critter that'll just keep comin' on. So we'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as the turnin' of the earth.
Atom User Reviews
No one has posted a user review yet.
Full Screen Image Viewer