The Searchers (1956)
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Set your location to find movies & theaters nearby
Hmm... we couldn't find any showtimes for this date and location.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
An American Civil War veteran embarks on a journey to rescue his niece from the Comanches.
- John Wayne
- Jeffrey Hunter
- Vera Miles
- Ward Bond
- Natalie Wood
- John Qualen
- Olive Carey
- Henry Brandon
- Ken Curtis
- Harry Carey Jr.
Did You Know?
- The song playing as John Wayne approaches at the beginning of the film is a slow version of "The Bonnie Blue Flag" (original title: "The Irish Jaunting Car"). This song and Daniel Decatur Emmett's "Dixie" were the two "anthems" of the Confederacy.
- Marty's knife hilt seems to be a Ka-Bar knife, designed in WWII.
- Ethan: Our turnin' back don't mean nothin', not in the long run. She's alive, she's safe... for a while. They'll keep her to raise her as one of their own till, until she's of an age to...
- Martin: Don't you think there's a chance we still might find her?
- Ethan: Injun will chase a thing till he thinks he's chased it enough. Then he quits. Same way when he runs. Seems like he never learns there's such a thing as a critter that'll just keep comin' on. So we'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as the turnin' of the earth.
Atom User Reviews
The Searchers contains scenes of magnificence, and one of John Wayne's best performances.
John Wayne's Ethan is his all-time top performance: funny, romantic, hard-bitten, scary, the personification of machismo.
Full Screen Image Viewer