The Princess Bride
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Cary Elwes
- Mandy Patinkin
- Chris Sarandon
- Christopher Guest
- Wallace Shawn
- André the Giant
- Fred Savage
- Robin Wright
- Peter Falk
- Peter Cook
Did You Know?
- Cary Elwes and Mandy Patinkin performed all of their own sword-fighting after many hours of training. According to Rob Reiner, the only stunt performed by Patinkin's stunt double was one flip during the "Chatty Duelists" scene.
- When Westley is wrestling the R.O.U.S. in the fire swamp, the tube which shoots the blast of fire is clearly visible just before the R.O.U.S. is set ablaze.
- The Grandson: A book?
- Grandpa: That's right. When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today I'm gonna read it to you.
- The Grandson: Has it got any sports in it?
- Grandpa: Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles...
- The Grandson: Doesn't sound too bad. I'll try to stay awake.
- Grandpa: Oh, well, thank you very much, very nice of you. Your vote of confidence is overwhelming.
Atom User Reviews
Cary Elwes is marvelously funny as the hero. [25 Sept 1987]
It is filled with good-hearted fun, with performances by actors who seem to be smacking their lips and by a certain true innocence that survives all of Reiner's satire.
The Princess Bride wants to be sweet and warm, but it doesn't want to take the chance of seeming uncool -- and that is an attitude far, far removed from innocence. [9 Oct 1987]