- 1hr 56m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
Solid movie but not the masterpiece I was expecting. It felt like it could have been more suspenseful than it was.
This movie blew our expectations out of the water. Streep and Hanks were at their highest caliber. A big shout out to Bob Odenkirk for his portrayal without fallling into his typecast sleazy nature. Great slice of our mindedness history felt with tastefully.
It’s a great story told well, for the most part, and exceptionally well through Meryl Streep’s Katharine Graham
It's a dramatic tale loaded with all manner of dynamics, political and personal, and Spielberg charges out of the gate at a brisk clip, extends his hand and all but enjoins the viewer to grab hold and be swept along for the ride.
Of a piece with his recent, stately dramas Lincoln and Bridge Of Spies, director Steven Spielberg’s latest brings intelligence and electricity to its study of nimble strategic manoeuvring which is guided by urgent performances from Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Meryl Streep
- Tom Hanks
- Sarah Paulson
- Bob Odenkirk
- Tracy Letts
- Bradley Whitford
- Bruce Greenwood
- Matthew Rhys
- Alison Brie
- Carrie Coon
Did You Know?
- This is Liz Hannah's first produced screenplay which was picked up as a spec script on the Black List website by producer Amy Pascal.
- In one scene a man is shown wearing a Ralph Lauren Polo shirt. This shirt was not introduced until 1972 but the film takes place in 1971.
- [behind closed doors]
- Ben Bradlee: So, can I ask you a hypothetical question?
- Kay Graham: Oh, dear. I don't like hypothetical questions.
- Ben Bradlee: Well, I don't think you're gonna like the real one, either.
- Kay Graham: Do you have the Papers?
- Ben Bradlee: Not yet.