- 2hr 3m
- 2hr 3m
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Tim Ivey
- Gena Rowlands
- Starletta DuPois
- James Garner
- Anthony-Michael Q. Thomas
- Ed Grady
- Renée Amber
- Jennifer Echols
- Geoffrey Knight
- Kevin Connolly
Did You Know?
- Background music for the original theatrical trailer for this film featured music from Rachel Portman's score for The Cider House Rules (1999) .
- In many of the scenes that take place in June and July, the grass is brown. It should be green during the summer in South Carolina.
- [while hanging from the Ferris Wheel]
- Young Noah: Will you go out with me?
- Young Allie: OK, OK. Fine I'll go out with you
- Young Noah: No, don't do me any favors.
- Young Allie: No, no I want to.
- Young Noah: Say it.
- Young Allie: I wanna go out with you.
- Young Noah: Say it again.
- Young Allie: I WANNA GO OUT WITH YOU!
- Young Noah: All right, all right we'll go out.
- Young Allie: What? No.
- Young Noah: No...?
- Young Allie: No.
- Young Noah: Why not?
- Young Allie: I don't know, because I don't want to.
- Young Noah: OK, then you leave me no other choice.
- [Lets go with one hand]
- Young Allie: AHHHH!
- Young Noah: I'm gonna ask you one more time, will you or will you not go out with me? I think my hand's slipping.
Atom User Reviews
This is my favorite movie ever
A lovely surprise. Ripe with feeling and lush with physical beauty, it's a love story that swings confidently between age and youth, and, like the young Tiger Woods of old, avoids every trap along the way.
Dramatically speaking, the movie version of The Notebook has a first act and a last act but lacks a transition. If it were a sandwich, it would be two slices of bread without filling.
Mercilessly plodding pacing, problematic character motivations and a fundamental lack of chemistry between the two star-crossed lovers in question don't do a lot to help its cause.