Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Kumail Nanjiani
- Anna Camp
- Kyle Bornheimer
- Issa Rae
- Paul Sparks
- Kenneth Kynt Bryan
- Joe Chrest
- Moses Storm
- Blaine Kern III
- Andrene Ward-Hammond
Did You Know?
- Paramount had originally planned to released the film theatrically on April 3, 2020, but decided to release it on Netflix due to the coronavirus pandemic and widespread theatre closings.
- When sitting in the diner discussing what to do, Leilani and Jibran are served milkshakes which can be seen in front of them. As the camera goes back and forth during their conversation, Leilani's milkshake turns into a plate of french fries. Neither character ordered french fries.
- Diner Waitress: What can I get for you guys?
- Jibran: Do you have alcohol?
- Leilani: Two, please.
- Jibran: Two.
- Diner Waitress: Two what?
- Jibran: Two alcohols, please. Thank you so much.
- Diner Waitress: We don't serve alcohol.
Atom User Reviews
Nanjiani and Rae are funny and likable people who try very hard to bring some life to this enterprise, but the action is too preposterous for the laughs to make much headway. They’re fun to watch, in a way, but you really wish they had something better to do.
Watching Issa Rae and Kumail Nanjiani riff off each other is intermittently fun, but that's all there is to recommend The Lovebirds, a dark, somewhat chaotic romantic comedy.
With a tightly structured script and Nanjiani and Rae’s raucous yet down-to-earth performances, The Lovebirds makes for a delightful and unexpected ride.