The Last Starfighter
- 1hr 41m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
The Last Starfighter is a well-made movie. The special effects are competent. The acting is good, and I enjoyed Robert Preston's fast-talking The Music Man reprise (we've got trouble, right here in the galaxy) and the gentle wit of Dan O'Herlihy's extraterrestrial. But the final spark was missing, the final burst of inspiration that might have pulled all these concepts and inspirations and retreads together into a good movie.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Kay E. Kuter
- Dan Mason
- Lance Guest
- Dan O'Herlihy
- Catherine Mary Stewart
- Barbara Bosson
- Norman Snow
- Robert Preston
- Chris Hebert
- John O'Leary
Did You Know?
- The "Star Car", that Centauri drives, was based on a DeLorean, including its gull wing doors, and its stainless steel construction.
- When Grig is trying to restore power shortly after using the Death Blossom, there is a cable for a 9-volt battery attached to the circuit board in his hand.
- Alex Rogan: Wait a minute... when did the hangar go up?
- Grig: One!
- Alex Rogan: *One*?
- [the Gunstar takes off with its attendant noise drowning out Alex's protests]
- Grig: I told you! When Xur attacked!
- Alex Rogan: And where were the Starfighters?
- Grig: In the hangar!
- Alex Rogan: You mean they're dead?
- Grig: Death is a primitive concept. I prefer to think of them as battling evil in another dimension.
- Alex Rogan: In another dimension? How many are left?
- Grig: Including yourself?
- Alex Rogan: Yeah.