The Killing of a Sacred Deer
- 1hr 49m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
want my money back
A masterpiece of a film.
You can see very clearly where The Killing of a Sacred Deer is headed, but it takes a protracted path to get there, prolonging our discomfort until the very act of watching the film feels like its own bleakly comedic exercise.
The rich vein of unsettling darkness and psychological unease that ripples like a treacherous underground stream beneath the absurdist humor of Yorgos Lanthimos' work becomes a brooding requiem of domestic horror in his masterfully realized fifth feature.
This is a ruthlessly controlled drama that achieves its powerful effect by holding back when its dramatic content is most intense.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Did You Know?
- Second collaboration between Yorgos Lanthimos and Colin Farrell, the first being The Lobster (2015).
- Anna Murphy: What a charming boy.
- Steven Murphy: I think I told you about it. But you were busy or something.
- Anna Murphy: You should tell him to come 'round again.
- Steven Murphy: Isn't he?
- Anna Murphy: Yes, very. How did his father die?
- Steven Murphy: Car crash. Driving home. Smashed it into a pole. Killed instantly.
- Anna Murphy: How long have you known him?
- Steven Murphy: Quite some time. He was a patient of mine. Years ago.
- Anna Murphy: Did you go to the funeral?
- Steven Murphy: I did go. Yes.
- Anna Murphy: Why didn't I go with you?