- 2hr 25m
- 2hr 25m
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Ralph Macchio
- Pat Morita
- Elisabeth Shue
- Martin Kove
- Randee Heller
- William Zabka
- Ron Thomas
- Rob Garrison
- Chad McQueen
- Tony O'Dell
Did You Know?
- Surprisingly, during filming in late 1983, Ralph Macchio was age 22. Some of the cast did not believe him when they asked about his age.
- When Mr Miyagi is showing Daniel that he has been learning karate the whole time, he says, "Show me paint the house." He is holding Daniel's right hand, but in the next shot Daniel drops his left hand.
- [they arrive at their new home]
- Lucille Larusso: This is it. This is the end of the line.
- Daniel: You're telling me.
Atom User Reviews
It was a great experience seeing it on the big screen again!
Love it!!! This movie is Excellent!! Great story and talented cast.
The Karate Kid was one of the nice surprises of 1984 -- an exciting, sweet-tempered, heart-warming story with one of the most interesting friendships in a long time.
A pleasing but overlong version of the Rocky story told through the character of a put-upon young high school student who learns karate from an old Japanese master to vanquish the local school bullies. There is no reason this simple story should run 2 hours and 10 minutes. Such a running time strains the good will generated by a cast full of likable performances. [22 June 1984, p.12]
The Karate Kid might have been more endurable, maybe even endearing, if its runtime had been trimmed of a solid 30 minutes.