Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
- 7235 Woodmont Avenue, Bethesda, MD
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Jesse Plemons
- Robert De Niro
- Al Pacino
- Anna Paquin
- Joe Pesci
- Bobby Cannavale
- Harvey Keitel
- Stephen Graham
- Jack Huston
- Dascha Polanco
Did You Know?
- Al Pacino was offered the role of Jimmy Conway in Martin Scorsese's Goodfellas (1990). He has regretted turning down that role ever since.
- In the beginning of the movie, Frank Sheeran talks about taking 476 North. At that time, there was no 476 North, the highway back then was route 9. It didn't change to 476 til 1996.
- Frank Sheeran: Hello?
- Jimmy Hoffa: Is that Frank?
- Frank Sheeran: Yes.
- Jimmy Hoffa: Hiya, Frank. This is Jimmy Hoffa.
- Frank Sheeran: Yeah, yeah. Glad to meet you.
- Jimmy Hoffa: Well, glad to meet you, too, even if it's over the phone. I heard you paint houses.
- Frank Sheeran: Yes. Yes, sir, I... I do.
Atom User Reviews
One of the few that exceeds the tremendous hype.
ANOTHER tremendous story told by an acknowledged master director and cast. superb
Between the burnished sheen of Rodrigo Prieto’s cinematography, a soundtrack full of perfectly chosen period pop music, and countless sharply observed details of place, time, and character, The Irishman establishes a world that, for all its violence and tragedy, is hard to leave behind when the last shot...finally comes.
The Irishman is vintage Scorsese, with an often sinuously moving camera, occasional break-the-fourth-wall monologues, wicked wise-guy humour, and explosions of sudden tenderness and casual violence. And its final half-hour pulls something even deeper from the filmmaker – moments of reflection, twinges of regret, worries about chances thrown away.
Scorsese's choice to make this a standalone feature and not a limited series seems mildly perplexing. Anyone hoping for the propulsive dynamism of, say, Goodfellas or Casino may be disappointed. But The Irishman is also on many levels a beautifully crafted piece of deluxe cinema.