Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Samuel L. Jackson
- Kurt Russell
- Jennifer Jason Leigh
- Walton Goggins
- Demián Bichir
- Tim Roth
- Michael Madsen
- Bruce Dern
- James Parks
- Dana Gourrier
Did You Know?
- Pre-production was halted in early 2014 after the script was leaked on-line. Quentin Tarantino stated he would no longer shoot it as a movie, but would re-write it and release it as a novel instead. However, production was resumed in early 2015.
- The term "pen pal" is used early in the film. Merriam Webster says the first known use of the term was in 1938.
- Major Marquis Warren: When the handbill says "dead or alive", the rest of us just shoot you in the back from up on top a perch somewhere and bring you in dead over a saddle.
- Major Marquis Warren: But when John Ruth the Hangman catches you...
- [Warren winks]
- Major Marquis Warren: You hang!
Atom User Reviews
Typical terrentino...not much action though. Mostly dialogue with a boring end. Probably will wait a few years to see again.
Fantastic sound track and cinematography, great characters, believable and shockingly graphic "time period" interrelationships, rolls relentlessly toward an ever more apparent conclusion. Gads, what graphic blood shots. But that's Tarantino at his finest. Could almost describe as "Pulp Fiction 1870's Style".
Those willing to put in the time will find a movie that is both beautiful and hideous, funny and shocking, and even thoughtful on occasion.
There is absolutely no doubt about who wrote the elaborate, pungent, profane and often funny dialogue that a fine cast chews over and spits out with evident glee, nor as to who staged the ongoing bloodbath that becomes a gusher in the final stretch.
The Hateful Eight’s impact expands and grows richer the further away you are from the experience of watching it.