- 1hr 31m
- 1hr 31m
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Dan Aykroyd
- John Candy
- Stephanie Faracy
- Annette Bening
- Chris Young
- Ian Michael Giatti
- Hilary Gordon
- Rebecca Gordon
- Robert Prosky
- Zoaunne LeRoy
Did You Know?
- Debut feature film of Annette Bening.
- When Roman is about to get in his car at the end of the movie, it is already running, yet when he closes the door, the car is heard starting off-screen.
- [Chet is being pulled by the boat on water-skies at high speed]
- Chet: You bastard! You bastard!
- Roman: I think he's saying go faster.
Atom User Reviews
Even for John Hughes, who writes movies in less time than most people write postcards, The Great Outdoors seems unusually slapdash.
The Great Outdoors isn't great. The Dopey Outdoors would be more like it. It's wildly uneven, yet consistently dumb. [17 June 1988, p.C5]
What can you say about a film the comic high point of which is Dan Aykroyd standing half-naked in a bathroom while extracting hairs from his nostrils with manicure scissors? For starters you can say it's bad, as bad as a film can be that looks to National Lampoon's Vacation for creative inspiration. [17 June 1988]