The French Connection
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
- Trailer for The French Connection (02:47)
- Interview: Gene Hackman "on filming the car scene" (01:35)
Movie Info & Cast
- Gene Hackman
- Fernando Rey
- Roy Scheider
- Tony Lo Bianco
- Marcel Bozzuffi
- Frédéric de Pasquale
- Bill Hickman
- Ann Rebbot
- Harold Gary
- Arlene Farber
Did You Know?
- The R42 featured in the chase scene (4572) is currently running on services based out of Jamaica Yard (as of March 2009). This car, along with its mate (4573) are set to be preserved in the New York Transit Museum. The fleet is currently being decommissioned due to age.
- Doyle's hat comes and goes while tearing apart the car.
- [analyzing drug shipment]
- Chemist: Blast off: one-eight-o. Two hundred: Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval. Two ten: U.S. Government certified. Two twenty: lunar trajectory, junk of the month club, sirloin steak. Two thirty: Grade A poison. Absolute dynamite. Eighty-nine percent pure junk. Best I've ever seen. If the rest is like this, you'll be dealing on this load for two years.
- Joel Weinstock: So you tell me it's worth the half million?
Atom User Reviews
The French Connection is routinely included, along with Bullitt, Diva and Raiders of the Lost Ark, on the short list of movies with the greatest chase scenes of all time. What is not always remembered is what a good movie it is apart from the chase scene.
There is only one problem with the excitement generated by this film. After it is over, you will walk out of the theater and, as I did, curse the tedium of your own life. I kept looking for someone who I could throw up against a wall. [8 November 1971]