Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Leonardo DiCaprio
- Matt Damon
- Jack Nicholson
- Mark Wahlberg
- Martin Sheen
- Ray Winstone
- Vera Farmiga
- Anthony Anderson
- Alec Baldwin
- Kevin Corrigan
Did You Know?
- When Colin has dinner with Madolyn, he states, "What Freud said about the Irish is we're the only people impervious to psychoanalysis." According to the FAQ section of the Freud Museum in London, Sigmund Freud, "There is no evidence Freud said the quote. The only documentation seems to be Anthony Burgess, in his introduction to a book of Irish short stories: 'One of Freud's followers split up human psychology into two categories, Irish and non-Irish.'"
- At the top of the frame during a wide shot of the police boardroom, a boom mic can be seen.
- [in Costello's bar]
- Billy Costigan: Frank, how many of these guys have been with you long enough to be disgruntled, huh? Think about it. You don't pay much, you know. It's almost a fuckin' feudal enterprise. The question is, and this is the only question, who thinks that they can do what you do better than you?
- Frank Costello: The only one that can do what I do is me. Lot of people had to die for me to be me. You wanna be me?
- Billy Costigan: I probably could be you, yeah. Yeah, I know that much. But I don't wanna be you, Frank. I don't wanna be you
- Frank Costello: Heavy lies the crown... sort of thing.
Atom User Reviews
A ferociously entertaining film.
A new American crime classic from the legendary Martin Scorsese, whose talent shines here on its highest beams.
It is intriguing to wonder what Scorsese saw in the Hong Kong movie that inspired him to make the second remake of his career (after Cape Fear). I think he instantly recognized that this story, at a buried level, brought two sides of his art and psyche into equal focus.