The Day the Earth Stood Still
- 1hr 44m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Hmm... we couldn't find any showtimes for this date and location.
Atom User Reviews
No one has posted a user review yet.
Based on 34 Critics
USER SCORE (230)
Mixed or average reviews based on 230 Reviews
What's never explained is why anyone would do such a dumb remake of Robert Wise's 1951 sci-fi classic.
Wall Street Journal
An entertaining rethink of the 1951 classic.
Despite the best efforts of stars Keanu Reeves and Jennifer Connelly, this new Day is tired and corny.
The Hollywood Reporter
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Director: Scott Derrickson
Producer: Paul Harris Boardman, Gregory Goodman, Erwin Stoff
Writer: David Scarpa, Edmund H. North
Release Date: Dec 12, 2008
Runtime: 1hr 44m
A remake of the 1951 classic science fiction film about an alien visitor and his giant robot counterpart who visit Earth.
- Keanu Reeves
- Jennifer Connelly
- Kathy Bates
- Jaden Smith
- John Cleese
- Jon Hamm
- Kyle Chandler
- Robert Knepper
- James Hong
- John Rothman
Did You Know?
- The design of GORT is similar to his original portrayal in The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951), but GORT is now a biological form, rather than mechanical, as Scott Derrickson considered some extraterrestrial races would develop advanced biological forces, instead of technology.
- The MQ-9 Reaper is powered by a turboprop engine, not the jet engine shown in the film.
- Polygraph Operator: I'm going to ask you a series of control questions. Are you currently in a seated position?
- [he touches the machine and gets a shock]
- Klaatu: What gate did you use to enter this base?
- Polygraph Operator: East loading door.
- Klaatu: How do I get there?
- Polygraph Operator: 100 yards left from the back of this building.
- Klaatu: Is there a security code?
- Polygraph Operator: 4-4-Bravo-3-0.
- Klaatu: What size is that suit?
- Polygraph Operator: 42 long.
- Klaatu: Take it off.
- Klaatu: Yes.
- Polygraph Operator: Are you human?
- Klaatu: My body is.
- Polygraph Operator: Do you feel pain?
- Klaatu: My body does.
- Polygraph Operator: Are you aware of an impending attack on the planet earth?
- Klaatu: You should let me go.
- Polygraph Operator: I'll repeat the question.
Full Screen Image Viewer