The Dark Knight
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Christian Bale
- Heath Ledger
- Aaron Eckhart
- Michael Caine
- Maggie Gyllenhaal
- Gary Oldman
- Morgan Freeman
- Monique Gabriela Curnen
- Ron Dean
- Cillian Murphy
Did You Know?
- The Gotham City license plates were directly modelled on Illinois license plates.
- (at around 1h 28 mins) When Batman is interrogating The Joker, we can see The Joker's suspenders on his left shoulder. After cutting to Batman, the suspenders are back under his vest.
- [while in the underground bat cave]
- Bruce Wayne: Targeting me won't get their money back. I knew the mob wouldn't go down without a fight, but this is different. They crossed the line.
- Alfred Pennyworth: You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand.
- Bruce Wayne: Criminals aren't complicated, Alfred. Just have to figure out what he's after.
- Alfred Pennyworth: With respect Master Wayne, perhaps this is a man that *you* don't fully understand, either. A long time ago, I was in Burma. My friends and I were working for the local government. They were trying to buy the loyalty of tribal leaders by bribing them with precious stones. But their caravans were being raided in a forest north of Rangoon by a bandit. So, we went looking for the stones. But in six months, we never met anybody who traded with him. One day, I saw a child playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine. The bandit had been throwing them away.
- Bruce Wayne: So why steal them?
- Alfred Pennyworth: Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.
Atom User Reviews
greatest movie ever
10 years later & it feels like it just came out watching on the Imax screen!! Hope it's done again for the 20th
Bale again brilliantly personifies all the deep traumas and misgivings of Batman's alter ego, Bruce Wayne. A bit of Hamlet is in this Batman.
The Dark Knight may not be a masterpiece, but it easily vaults to the top of any list of best superhero movies.