Trivia for The Angel (El Angel)
Showing all 7 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- In real life, Carlos Robledo Puch is the longest-serving prisoner in Argentina, having spent more than 45 years in jail.
- In Argentina at the time the maximum sentence for any crime was a life sentence, but that carried a mandatory parole after 45 years. The crimes were so severe the judge decided to avoid this possibility and laid down a new precedent of a sentence of lifetime reclusion plus undetermined length of prison. After 45 years in prison the prisoner can ask every year how much longer he must serve. In practice, he will never get out if any parent of a victim is alive.
- Official submission of Argentina for the 'Best Foreign Language Film' category of the 91st Academy Awards in 2019.
- This is Lorenzo Ferro's actorial debut.
- According to Lorenzo Ferro, he was the first person to audition for the role of Carlitos out of thousands other actors.
- The book Carlitos is reading at the beginning of the film is the novel "El juguete rabioso" ("Mad Toy"), by Roberto Arlt, which chronicles a young man's descent into crime and failure.
- Body Count: 8.