Trivia for The Angel (El Angel)
Showing all 6 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- In real life, Carlos is the longest-serving prisoner in Argentina, having spent more than 45 years in jail.
- Fun fact from Argentina citizen, at the time (1972) the maximum sentence for any crime was life sentence, but that carry implicit 45 year parole mandatory, because the law say so, the crimes was so severe the judge decided to avoid this possibility of getting out 45 years later, and decided to lay down a new unprecedented at the time sentence of life time reclusion plus undetermined length of prison, so he after 45 year in prison ask every year how much is the sentence left, since is undetermined it turned in to a political move, and he will never get out if any parent of any assassination victim is alive.
- Official submission of Argentina for the 'Best Foreign Language Film' category of the 91st Academy Awards in 2019.
- This is Lorenzo Ferro's actorial debut.
- Almost at the end of the film, Carlos payed at the kiosko a bunch of cigarettes and some sweet with a 10 pesos argentinos bill, but that currency didn't appear until 90's. By that time the official currency was the Peso moneda nacional.
- Body Count: 8.