Star Trek: First Contact
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Patrick Stewart
- Jonathan Frakes
- Brent Spiner
- LeVar Burton
- Michael Dorn
- Gates McFadden
- Marina Sirtis
- Alfre Woodard
- James Cromwell
- Alice Krige
Did You Know?
- At the end of filming, actor and director Jonathan Frakes got the nickname "Two-Takes Frakes" because of the efficiency of his style.
- When Picard goes into the conference room to work on new modulations he and Lily enter it from the left side of the Bridge. When they go back onto the Bridge after Lily convinces him to blow up the ship, they walk through the same door in the conference room, yet come out on the right side.
- Cmdr. William Riker: We finished our first sensor sweep of the neutral zone.
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Oh, fascinating. Twenty particles of space dust per cubic meter, 52 ultraviolet radiation spikes, and a class-2 comet. Well, this is certainly worthy of our attention.
- Cmdr. William Riker: Captain, why are we out here chasing comets?
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Let's just say Starfleet has every confidence with the Enterprise and her crew - they're just not sure about her Captain. They believe that a man who was once captured and assimilated by the Borg should not be put in a situation where he would face them again. To do so would introduce "an unstable element to a critical situation."
- Cmdr. William Riker: That's ridiculous. Your experience with the Borg makes you the perfect man to lead this fight.
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Admiral Hayes disagrees.
Atom User Reviews
Certainly the best in its technical credits, and among the best in the ingenuity of its plot.
The fine quality of the new film is good news for anyone disappointed by Star Trek Generations, which got the new Star Trek feature film series off to a shaky start two years ago.