- 1hr 57m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
All of M. Night's movies are hit or miss. This is an amazing hit. A must see for a suspense fans.
The movie was amazing but I do advise that if you plan to see this go and watch the movie Unbreakable first! Also, once the movie ends don't just get up and leave, wait for it...
Split reworks some of the themes Mr. Shyamalan developed in the 2000 “Unbreakable” — weakness and strength, unstoppable power, a sense of emergent destiny. The film contends that people are purified by suffering. Having suffered through the screening, I’m still waiting for my purer self to kick in.
A remarkably weird and wonderful exercise in psychological terror featuring a virtuoso performance by Scottish actor James McAvoy.
The director ties themes together at the end with more finesse than usual, letting a couple of meaningful visuals speak for themselves where he might have thrown in a line or two of explanatory dialogue. And as for that final twist, it's a doozy.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Did You Know?
- The second film collaboration for M. Night Shyamalan and Jason Blum, the first one being The Visit (2015).
- Casey is shown having been trained since she was a toddler to use firearms, yet when she does use a shotgun, she racks and fires on an empty chamber, even though she's shown looking at and then loading her last two shells.
- Hedwig: My name's Hedwig. I have red socks. He's on the move.
- Casey Cooke: How old are you?
- Hedwig: Nine.
- Casey Cooke: So you're not the guy that took us?
- Hedwig: No.
- Casey Cooke: You're... not the lady?
- Hedwig: What are you, blind?
- Casey Cooke: You don't know how they think?
- Hedwig: N-no, they don't... they don't tell me much. I just ate a hot dog.
- Casey Cooke: What?
- Hedwig: He... on... the... mooove.
- Casey Cooke: Who?
- Hedwig: Someone's coming for you, and you're not gonna like it. You guys make noises in your sleep.
- Casey Cooke: Tell us.
- Hedwig: I'm not supposed to say; but, he's done awful things to people and he'll do awful things to you. I have blue socks, too.
- Marcia: We're his food?
- [Hedwig shrugs]