Trivia for Second Act
Showing all 15 items
- Julia Roberts was once attached to the lead role.
- Filming began in New York on Monday, October 23, 2017.
- Food Bazaar Supermarket in Long Island City, New York, was used for location filming and remained open for three days while filming in October 2017.
- Principal photography was completed on December 15, 2017, with the film coming in on time and under budget.
- Pete Segal's tenth film as a director.
- When addressing the cast and crew upon completion of principal photography, Pete Segal said that the cast and crew of Second Act was his "favourite family" of everyone he's worked with.
- The writers of Second Act asked Pete Segal to tweak the script's comedic aspects.
- Julia Roberts was originally attached to the role played by Jennifer Lopez.
- -Principal photography began on October 23, 2017, at Food Bazaar Supermarket in Queens, New York and has continued in The Bronx and Manhattan, including Michael Jordan's Steakhouse in Grand Central Terminal. Filming wrapped on December 15, 2017.
- -Back to comedy:--After privileging the thriller and the thriller, such as The Boy Next Door (2015) or the series Shades of Blue (2016 - 2018), Jennifer Lopez returns to a genre she knows well, comedy.
- -Director:--Second Act is staged by Peter Segal, who has a dozen feature films made for film, almost all of which are comedies. He is credited with, among other things, several major box-office successes such as Max the Threat (2008), Half-Time in the Dart (2005), Love and Amnesia (2004) and Self Control (2003).
- -In Queens:--The hard-discount store where Maya works was filmed in a Queens Food Bazaar, a 24-hour shop that was not closed for filming.
- -An old project:--Second Act was written by screenwriters Justin Zackham and Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas. The idea sprang up in their minds more than six years ago, in the early 2010s.
- -New York New York:--Second Act was shot entirely in New York. The filming started on October 20, 2017, and ended on December 15, 2017. Peter Segal wanted to make Manhattan a full-fledged character. Other places the team has invested in include the Bethesda Fountain in Central Park, the High Line, the streets of Soho, the South Street Seaport area, Madison Square Park, the Food Bazaar in Queens, the Rockerfeller Center, Villard Mansion at Lotte New York Palace Hotel, Dean & Deluca's, inside a metro train of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, and the wharf of an air train.
- When Maya and Chase are dancing at the Christmas party, they end up dancing the tango while having a disgruntled conversation. This nearly mimics the exact same scene from The Wedding Planner, in which Mary and Eddie also dance the tango.