Rush Hour (1998)
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Ken Leung
- Jackie Chan
- Tom Wilkinson
- Tzi Ma
- Robert Littman
- Michael Chow
- Julia Hsu
- Chris Tucker
- Chris Penn
- Kai Lennox
Did You Know?
- Martin Lawrence was the original choice for Carter. Eddie Murphy was offered the role of Carter, but he turned it down to make Holy Man (1998) instead. David Chapelle, Will Smith, and Tupac Shakur were all considered for the role of Carter.
- On his approach to Chief Inspector Lee's, Detective James Carter's Corvette has chrome wheels, and in the following shot of Lee opening his front door to Carter, the Corvette has black wheels.
- Carter: You don't know nothing about no War.
- Lee: Yoll.
- Lee: Everybody knows War.
- Lee: War! Huh! Yeah! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing, sing it again, you all!
- Carter: It ain't 'you all', it's "y'all"!
- Lee: Yaw.
- Carter: Y'all!
- Lee: Yaw!
- Carter: Man you sound like a Karate movie, y'all!
Atom User Reviews
Lightweight and made out of familiar elements, but they're handled with humor and invention.
It's the kind of copycat movie that becomes original through its cast and treatment.
The fast-talking Tucker and quick-kicking Chan are a surprisingly good team that manages to deliver a fun combination of highly choreographed action and comedy.