Professor Marston & The Wonder Women
- 1hr 48m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
Has a different story than most films. It seems intriguing.
love the movie
Professor Marston the Wonder Women stands head, shoulders, boots, tiara and lasso above many independent films of the moment. See it and you’ll come away with a new appreciation for the polywonder of creativity.
Many rough edges are smoothed by the strong acting and well-done tech work.
In a way, though, Robinson’s less-edgy aesthetic is even more subversive than graphic sexuality. By treating the Marstons’ lovemaking the same way arthouse movies have treated heterosexual couples for decades, she refuses to portray them as aberrant or abnormal.
Videos & Photos
- Easter Egg Trailer for Professor Marston & the Wonder Women (02:17)
- Professor Marston and the Wonder Women Comic Trailer (01:14)
Movie Info & Cast
- Luke Evans
- Rebecca Hall
- Bella Heathcote
- Connie Britton
- Monica Giordano
- JJ Feild
- Chris Conroy
- Oliver Platt
- Maggie Castle
- Alexa Havins
Did You Know?
- Marston was a psychologist related to the D.I.S.C. model of behavioral styles.
- Marston says he was in the OSS during "The Great War," (ie, WWI). The OSS wasn't created until early in WWII.
- [From trailer]
- Olive Byrne: A comic book, Bill?
- William Moulton Marston: They deflect bullets.
- Elizabeth Marston: And all her friends and helpers are sorority girls who have spanking parties and everybody fights Nazis and rides in an invisible plane?
- William Moulton Marston: Yes.
- [Elizabeth and Olive try not to laugh]
- William Moulton Marston: What?
- Elizabeth Marston: Bill. We love you, truly but nobody, and I say this with all the compassion and truth in my heart, nobody will ever publish this.
- William Moulton Marston: Well, it's perfect. I'm going to inject my ideas right into the thumping heart of America. I mean, I'll get a real artist to draw it properly.
- Elizabeth Marston: She's an Amazon princess that lives on an island of all women?
- William Moulton Marston: Paradise Island.
- Elizabeth Marston: And a man crash lands on the island.
- William Moulton Marston: Yeah. Steve Trevor, the spy.
- Olive Byrne: And she wears a burlesque outfit?
- William Moulton Marston: Well, it's athletic!
- Olive Byrne: And silver bracelets.