Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- 2hr 9m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
2nd best Pirates movie following Curse of the Black Pearl. Bardem is great, Depp is Depp, but Rush is the ideal pirate and carries the film.
Stay for the bonus scene at the end! Loved this movie!
This movie is truly unhinged — not crazed, which might be interesting, but devoid of the usual hinges that connect one sequence with another.
Screenwriter Jeff Nathanson (Catch Me If You Can), taking over from series regulars Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio, doesn’t make much sense out of the typically (for the franchise) convoluted plot, but does manage to bring out a father-child theme that lends the film a little emotional resonance.
Scodelario, of the Maze Runner films and Andrea Arnold's Wuthering Heights, is just about the only member of the cast who seems to believe she's expected to be more than a thin generic functionary or flamboyant scene-stealer.
Movie Info & Cast
- Johnny Depp
- Geoffrey Rush
- Javier Bardem
- Orlando Bloom
Did You Know?
- Ansel Elgort, Brenton Thwaites, Taron Egerton, George MacKay, and Sam Keeley were all in the running for the role of Henry.
- When Carina is running away from the guards her iron shackles are still visible, when she is next seen in the clock makers shop her iron shackles are gone and then reappear in the next scene.
- [to the only survivor of a ship he attacked]
- Captain Salazar: Jack Sparrow...
- [holds up a wanted poster of Jack Sparrow]
- Captain Salazar: Do you know this pirate?
- Henry: Only by name.
- Captain Salazar: For too many years the Triangle has cursed us, condemned us to this Hell on Earth. The key to our escape is Jack Sparrow, and the compass which he holds. No, no. No need to fear, me boy. I always leave one man alive, to tell the tale. Find Sparrow for me and relay a message, from Capitan Salazar.
- Henry: Salazar.
- Captain Salazar: Tell him I'll behold the daylight again. And on that day, death... death comes straight for him. Would you say that to him, please?
- Henry: Yes.
- Captain Salazar: I wish I could tell him myself, but dead men tell no tales.