Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Set your location to find movies & theaters nearby
Hmm... we couldn't find any showtimes for this date and location.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Anna Scott is the world's most famous movie star. Her picture has been plastered on the cover of every magazine, and every time she makes a move, the entire world knows about it. William Thacker owns a travel bookstore. His business is stagnant, he has the roommate from hell, and since his divorce, his love life is completely non-existent. For both, something or someone seems to be missing. And when Anna and William's paths unexpectedly cross in the eclectic neighborhood of Notting Hill, romance is the last thing on their minds.
- Julia Roberts
- Hugh Grant
- Richard McCabe
- Rhys Ifans
- James Dreyfus
- Dylan Moran
- Roger Frost
- Henry Goodman
- Julian Rhind-Tutt
- Lorelei King
Did You Know?
- The park bench used in this film now 'lives' in Queens Gardens in East Perth, Western Australia. After filming, the bench had been purchased at auction as a romantic gift for a relationship that failed. Afterwards, a local Perth resident anonymously donated the bench to the City of Perth and it now *really does* live in a beautiful garden that is locked at night.
- In the first scene where William encounters Anna, Rufus (the book thief) is shown several times in the background. Initially he has several days growth of beard, and in one of the shots he appears to be freshly shaven, then back to the growth of beard.
- Anna Scott: You know what they say about men with big feet.
- William: No, I don't, actually. What's that?
- Anna Scott: Big feet... large shoes.
Atom User Reviews
A brainy weave of satire and fantasy.
It comes as a bonus that this romantic comedy is one of the rare pictures of its type that actually is about something -- the double-edged sword of celebrity.
San Francisco Chronicle
Full Screen Image Viewer