North by Northwest (1959)
- 2hr 16m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
The picture is hugely pleased with itself, but it’s too funny and expertly calibrated to mind in the least. Both Hitchcock and Grant raise relaxed confidence to masterpiece level here.
North by Northwest is also surprisingly forthright when it comes to sexual matters. There aren't many euphemisms or double entendres in the interaction between Thornhill and Eve.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Cary Grant
- Eva Marie Saint
- James Mason
- Jessie Royce Landis
- Leo G. Carroll
- Josephine Hutchinson
- Philip Ober
- Martin Landau
- Adam Williams
- Edward Platt
Did You Know?
- Rather than go to the expense of shooting in a South Dakota woodland, Alfred Hitchcock planted 100 ponderosa pines on an MGM soundstage.
- Position of the wine glass during the dinner on the train.
- [Hanging by their fingers from Mount Rushmore]
- Eve Kendall: What happened with your first two marriages?
- Roger Thornhill: My wives divorced me.
- Eve Kendall: Why?
- Roger Thornhill: They said I led too dull a life.