Monty Python's Life of Brian 40th Anniversary
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Graham Chapman
- John Cleese
- Terry Gilliam
- Eric Idle
- Terry Jones
- Michael Palin
- Terence Bayler
- Carol Cleveland
- Kenneth Colley
- Neil Innes
Did You Know?
- The scene with Brian and the others on their crosses was recorded early in the morning, and it was very cold. John Cleese is wearing clothes, while the others are not, because he couldn't stand the cold.
- A camera shadow appears on Brian the first time people chase him, thinking he's the messiah.
- Reg: All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
- Attendee: Brought peace?
- Reg: Oh, peace - shut up!
- Reg: There is not one of us who would not gladly suffer death to rid this country of the Romans once and for all.
- Dissenter: Uh, well, one.
- Reg: Oh, yeah, yeah, there's one. But otherwise, we're solid.
Atom User Reviews
It has been said that a Monty Python movie is only successful if it offends everyone in the audience at least once. By that measuring stick as well as nearly any other, The Life of Brian is an unqualified triumph. It makes us confront our foibles and laugh at them.
No God and no religion can survive ridicule, wrote Mark Twain, but for once the sage of Hannibal was wrong.
Funny, in that peculiar British way where jokes are told sideways, with the obvious point and then the delayed zinger.