Trivia for Masters Of The Universe
Showing all 10 items
- Original live action He-Man actor Dolph Lundgren wanted Chris Hemsworth to play He-Man, but Hemsworth turned down the role due to its similarities with his role of Thor.
- Mike O'Hearn was rumored to portray as Prince Adam/He-Man in the upcoming live action movie after he posted on Instagram. However, he himself quashed the rumor saying he only wanted to do the part and was not officially cast for the live action movie.
- Jon M. Chu and McG were attached to direct the film.
- Joe Cornish, Rian Johnson, Andy Muschietti, Kirk DeMicco and Chris Sanders & Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were named as frontrunners to direct the film while Mike Cahill, Jeff Wadlow, Harald Zwart and Chris McKay are on the short list to direct. Wadlow was hired to direct and rewrite the film.
- The movie rights went from Warner Bros to Sony.
- Kellan Lutz was considered for the role of Prince Adam/He-Man.
- The film was in being developed in 2004 by Fox 2000 with 'John Woo (I)' direct and produce the film.
- Joel Silver was attached to produced the film
- David S. Goyer has been brought in to write the script and was in talks to direct the film but step away as director to focus on other projects but he will remain on board as an executive producer and screenwriter and the studio is said to be very happy with the script he turned in.
- Tom Hardy is considered to play Skeletor.