Trivia for Luce
Showing all 9 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Luce means 'light' in Italian. A luce is also a type of pike fish. Pike fish are notorious for being voracious and for having large pointed teeth.
- Second time Naomi Watts and Tim Roth star together as parents. They previously starred as parents in Michael Haneke's 2007 thriller "Funny Games".
- Kelvin Harrison Jr. actually wrote a paper on Frantz Fanon as part of his research for the role; Octavia Spencer then graded it, and that paper is the one seen onscreen.
- Andrea Bang filmed her scenes in one day.
- The film features Andrea Bang's first nude and sex scene.
- A gun shot sounds every time Luce closes his locker.
- There is purposefully no red or warm tones used in the film's costume design
- Naomi Watts was convinced to take the part after watching Kelvin Harrison Jnr's audition tape
- Luce, meaning "light", is also short for "Lucifer", aka Satan, the Devil or the Father of Lies. The name provides an early indication about the character of the young man and how the story will unfold.