Trivia for Little Monsters
Showing all 9 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Abe Forsythe's third film as director.
- Not to be Confused with Little Monsters (1989) Starring Fred Savage and Howie Mandel.
- Originally, the producers couldn't get the rights to use Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off" in the film, as they were denied by the record label. Lupita Nyong'o is a big fan of the song and saw it as pivotal part of the screenplay, which led her to personally get in touch with Swift to explain why the song was important to her and the narrative, after which Swift granted her the rights.
- Film is dedicated to Abe Forsythe's son; Spike, who's first day of kindy inspired parts of the story.
- Chris Bunton, Alexander England, Marshall Napier, Henry Nixon, Rahel Romahan, Josh Quong Tart all starred in Abe Forsythes previous film; Downunder.
- After six months of the producers struggling to get the rights for "Shake it Off", an email from Nyong'o to Swift made it happen. Nyong'o then learned to play the song on the ukulele in a few short weeks. When she plays the song in a pivotal scene it proved to be a magical moment for the director.
- Director Cameo: Police Officer at beginning of the film.
- Abe Forsythes son Spike appears as "school kid zombie"
- It was Josh Gad's idea idea to bite the nose of the zombie kid