- 1hr 29m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
Really good movie to watch with kids
Great message for kids
The filmmakers behind Leap! seemingly can’t picture a children’s movie without a cavalcade of unnecessary action scenes and fart jokes—and not good fart jokes at that. The result is a movie allegedly about ballet with weirdly few scenes featuring actual dancing.
No matter how much directors Eric Warin and Eric Summer (who wrote the story with Laurent Zeitoun) try to distract with dumb comedy — usually involving the annoying Victor — or cartoony action...the relationship between Félicie and Odette is a warm, heart-tugging one.
As heartwarming as the story in Leap! can sometimes be, and as strong as the relationship is between Félicie and Odette, her actions can make it difficult to cheer for her as wholeheartedly as the film intends.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Did You Know?
- Maddie Ziegler voices F?licie's rival, who has an overbearing mother; Ziegler is a dancer in real life, having appeared on Dance Moms (2011).
- According to the plot synopsis, the story is set in 1879. There are two scenes involved a man on a motorbike despite the fact that motorbikes were actually invented in 1885.
- [places a bell on a tree branch]
- Odette: Jump and ring the bell.
- [Felicie shrugs, then jumps and rings the bell again]
- Odette: Felicie, you lack precision and finesse. You have little or no sense of rhythm. You're without balance, grace, and charm.
- [as she says this, she pours water around Felicie, creating a puddle]
- Felicie: Come on! You can't tell all that from one jump! Can you?
- [Odette doesn't answer; Felicie hangs her head in shame]
- Felicie: You can.
- Odette: On the good side, you have the energy of a bullet. But you also have the lightness of a depressed elephant.
- Felicie: Hey! M?rante used exactly the same phrase!
- Odette: After ten years of cleaning, you pick stuff up. Okay, now jump up, ring this bell, land, and do not splash the water.
- [looking down at her reflection in the puddle]
- Felicie: That's impossible.
- Felicie: Why?
- Odette: I thought it was your dream to dance.
- Odette: Just do it.
- Felicie: You don't want me to dance?
- Odette: No talking. Jump and ring the bell.
- [Felicie obeys]
- Odette: Again.
- Felicie: You said we were going to train.
- Odette: This is it. Again.