Trivia for Ip Man 4: The Finale
Showing all 8 items
- The film reunites Scott Adkins with Action Choreographer Yuen Woo-ping for the third time, having previously worked together on BLACK MASK 2: CITY OF MASKS, and DANNY THE DOG/UNLEASHED starring Jet Li.
- Donnie Yen and Mark Strange previously worked together on the movie TWINS EFFECT, where Strange played a vampire.
- While actor Chris Collins plays an American Marine Karate Champion in the movie who is bested by Master Ip Man's Wing Chun, in real life Collins is a Wing Chun student of Grandmaster Leung Ting, one of the real Ip Man's most senior students.
- When Frater calls his student Mr. Kreese, it is a hint to the bad guy Kreese in the Karate Kid series
- During their alleyway fight, Mark Strange performs a jumping back kick on a solid door to show his skills. This gets the response "Doors don't hit back, but I do" from Bruce Lee, referencing Lee's memorable "boards don't hit back' quote from ENTER THE DRAGON.
- Donnie Yen has officially played the character of IP MAN 4 times, but played a light hearted take on the character in the comedy GOLDEN CHICKEN 2 where he dons the outfit worn by Tony Leung's portrayal of IP MAN in THE GRANDMASTER, but originally played IP MAN in an abandoned project alongside Stephen Chow Sing-chi from Kung Fu Hustle that began shooting in the mid 1990's but imploded after a few days shooting.
- The film broke the 100 million RMB box office in China on its first day of release, outgrossing the total for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker which open in China on the same day.
- Despite early rumours, and even one of the reviews in IMDB, Jackie Chan does not appear in this movie! A photograph of Jackie Chan visiting the set was taken out of context by web sites such as Film Combat Syndicate who proclaimed Chan was appearing in a cameo role in the movie.